Saturday, 2024-04-27, 9:40 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[TheD]The Descendants
Main | Help me with my hiccups! - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: h@†3, MrTiny  
Forum » Members Area » Chat » Help me with my hiccups! (Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)
Help me with my hiccups!
MrTinyDate: Sunday, 2010-11-28, 11:43 PM | Message # 1
Clanleader
Group: Administrators
I've had hiccups on and off for about 2+ years. ¬_¬ Anyone got any good remedies or any idea why i'm being tormented with these hiccups?

Born In Darkness. Sworn To Justice.
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.

DonSpeedyDate: Monday, 2010-11-29, 0:14 AM | Message # 2
Major
Group: Clan Friends
look into the mirror, it will scare you! :O

MrTinyDate: Monday, 2010-11-29, 1:17 PM | Message # 3
Clanleader
I kooled at u in RL and that didn't scare me, so i don' think that will work!

DonSpeedyDate: Monday, 2010-11-29, 1:27 PM | Message # 4
Major
oh really? i didnt notice when i watched you playing alien swarm ... tongue biggrin

ZorockDate: Monday, 2010-11-29, 2:50 PM | Message # 5
Major general
Group: Moderators
usually whenever I get hiccups, I take the deepest breath possible and hold it for as long as possible. This should prevent you from hiccuping during, and after =) It works for me every time I try it. I don't have hiccups much though... Haven't had any in many months.

Those who underestimates themselves shall stay in misery where they belong.

Steam ID: dragon_of_doom

TuralyonDate: Monday, 2010-11-29, 5:14 PM | Message # 6
Major
I remember reading about hiccups once, way back.
There is a nice way to get rid of hiccups, no matter how severe they are (unless they're so severe that you need to see the doctor).
What you gotta do is take a very deep breath, if possible, try to fill your lungs to the maximum (you can't inhale anymore). After you've done that, try to swallow (saliva or just the act of swallowing), but you must make sure that you don't let any air out. After you've done the swallowing, try to inhale a bit. Since your lungs should be over 95% full, you probably won't be able to inhale much or maybe nothing at all, but you still try to do it. If you couldn't inhale anything, swallow again (making sure you don't let any air out) and inhale.
Hiccups are some sort of abrupt rush of air into the lungs and by doing this you negate the state of hiccups. By repeating inhaling and swallowing, it will eventually seem very impossible to swallow or to inhale, but what you have to do is try as much as you can to do it again. And once you feel like you're red in the face or that you simply can't do it anymore, exhale and that should do the trick. If not, repeat once more ... and if that still doesn't help, you probably need to see a doctor (if either hiccups have a very small interval or a VERY big one, like 2 hiccups per day).

Your resoning is excellent -- it's only your basic asumptions that are wrong.

peaches-auqDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-30, 12:47 PM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Member
lol hiccups

Dance of the Manwhore |
The Bodycount

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-30, 1:57 PM | Message # 8
Major
Hm, I also once read that a commander started a war in 6th century because he thought that the opposite side had a sorcerer that could bestow hiccups on you.

MrTinyDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-30, 4:00 PM | Message # 9
Clanleader
Quote (Turalyon)
Hm, I also once read that a commander started a war in 6th century because he thought that the opposite side had a sorcerer that could bestow hiccups on you.

LOL?

Anyway, nothing has worked...

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-30, 4:38 PM | Message # 10
Major
Then it is confirmed. You are a freak of nature.

ZorockDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-30, 4:40 PM | Message # 11
Major general
Group: Moderators
perhaps go see the doctor then... We wouldn't like to be playing DM or CS:S with you and all of a sudden you just stand there, doing nothing... xD

Those who underestimates themselves shall stay in misery where they belong.

Steam ID: dragon_of_doom

MrTinyDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-30, 5:48 PM | Message # 12
Clanleader
Quote (Turalyon)

You only just realised?!?
I thought u was smart...

Quote (Zorock)
perhaps go see the doctor then... We wouldn't like to be playing DM or CS:S with you and all of a sudden you just stand there, doing nothing... xD

I have, 3 times in totel. And 2 times he gave me some pills that should have stopped it, 1st time failed and guess what so did 2ed time. xDD

I'm Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEDD!!!

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-30, 10:57 PM | Message # 13
Major
Quote (Turalyon)

Quote (MrTiny)
You only just realised?!?
I thought u was smart...

Oh, don't get me wrong ... I knew that you were freak of nature before ... now it just became official also ^^

Added (2010-11-30, 10:57 PM)
---------------------------------------------
So, I've read some more about hiccups on Internet ... so if you tell me how often do you have hiccups, when do they usually happen, how long do you have them once they start ... and maybe I just get a solution for you.
But keep note ... if doctor couldn't help you, that doesn't mean anything. My mom's friend's child had an operation for appendix ... and the surgeon almost operated on his kidney instead (where he would die). % of the casual or good doctors per country isn't as high as you'd think.

MrTinyDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-30, 11:17 PM | Message # 14
Clanleader
Lol tur, u turly are a walking brain. xD

Anyway, hiccups come 1s,2s or maybe 3 times a day, when i start its 1 or 2, maybe 4 at max hiccups in a row but that isn't for the day thats just for that moment. I can hiccup 7+ in a day but usualy less.
Times i hiccup, anytime rly, sometimes after i'v eaten, sometimes when i havn't eaten, in a class room(Oh yeah, my teachers LOVE me ._.).

I'v hide a look on google also and it might be a trapped nerve. surprised

TuralyonDate: Wednesday, 2010-12-01, 0:21 AM | Message # 15
Major
Quote (MrTiny)
I'v hide a look on google also and it might be a trapped nerve.

Nah ... your description can actually follow in only two different suggestions.
One is that (when you were small, or 2 years ago when it all started) you ate something big that damaged your muscle in your pharynx (I think the word comes from Latin, so you can google it if you don't know what it means). This muscle is actually the one responsible for all the hiccups that occur. The most likely reason for hiccups is that you managed to press something (which is usually food) on that muscle when it was stretched, and therefore forcing it to react differently as it should. That's why I told you about deep breath thingy, because when you hold your breath, you should feel that muscle getting loosen a little bit - making your hiccups go away. So if this is the reason, that you damaged that muscle, that is probably not very detectable with tools that doctors have at their disposal.
As for the second suggestion, it's that the same muscle is more sensitive than of other people. Which means that whenever you swallow something (yeah, cold be saliva also), it can trigger hiccups. And as far as I'm concerned, it's not treatable ... yet.

Forum » Members Area » Chat » Help me with my hiccups! (Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright TheD.Clan© 2024