• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: h@†3, MrTiny  
Forum » Members Area » Chat » your funny clan name
your funny clan name
MightyMalcolmDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 12:03 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Clan Friends
Listen, good people from {KoD}/TG^/[TheD]!
By now you have changed your clan's name probably more often than tiny his underwear in a month and your clantag has used most special characters there are in the world. I must give credit to the enormous amount of energy this self-defining process must have cost already :p
but, alas! although some people consider self-fulfillment their highest goal in life, your struggle left behind quite some remnants. i now your future lies in this elevator-like sounding TheD thingy, but please please, would you consider going back to KoD just for your Dark Messiah branch? actually some ppl still run around with that old clan tag. others use TG (supposably because a small clanleader was too lazy to change the config :p). your server is called "TheD (old TG)". wouldn't a clear cut be the best thing to do? people (like me) still think in terms like KoD and it wouldn't hurt you to take it back, would it? there hardly was any restauration to your DM branch caused by the new "image", so who cares?^^

best regards from da tiredofchangingeachandeveryconfigthatcontainsthisdammitclanname,
mighty

Applause from the audience, please!

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Friday, 2011-07-01, 12:13 PM

AlnitakDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 12:46 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Member
/clap

You can run but you can´t hide!

MrTinyDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 12:59 PM | Message # 3
Clanleader
Group: Administrators
If every squad had their own name this would not be a clan it would be just a bunch of randomers.
Also it would create inconsistency for member playing more than one game in the clan because of the different tags.

This is really idiotic, it doesn't matter the name & it would create a lot of work for nothing. It would divide the clan into separate clans per game so the clan in a hole would not have a gaming name or anything.

Born In Darkness. Sworn To Justice.
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.

MightyMalcolmDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 1:12 PM | Message # 4
Sergeant
what some ppl don't seem to get here (not looking at anyone specifically) is that i am only talking about the DM branch. do you REALLY think that DM still would affect the future of this clan? you guys are playing CSS and SC2. if you still get new members from it, the better. but it wouldn't be whole clan devide just cuz you leave a dying game its little quirk.
this homepage is called kod-cp, your logo shows your "Knight of Darkness" (even with TG on it). i havent seen a single guy from your clan wearing this new tag. dissy still uses TG, alni {KoD}, zorock no tag at all. not that i belonged to your clan, but the way it seems to me, you just opened new branches and forced the changes on the DM guys. if you vote 4:7 and there are only 4 guys left from DM, the result surely was a surprise!

anyway, i dont care. but please dont ask me to change every setting on our server just cuz you needed to re-invent yourselves once more. tiny, you have ftp access, go there and modify your admins. i made you a vid tutorial as you know, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Added (2011-07-01, 1:09 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (MrTiny)
every squad
who said that? just DM -.-

Added (2011-07-01, 1:10 PM)
Quote (MrTiny)
it would create inconsistency
that is what you already did. how many new recruits did you get since your first change? compared to EYE and even (!) TSH?

Added (2011-07-01, 1:12 PM)
i actually think you quite ruined your DM branch with it. the only guy holding things together is kam with the server. plus the fact that you need a clantag to perform admin stuff on the shared one.

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Friday, 2011-07-01, 9:07 PM

ZorockDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 4:35 PM | Message # 5
Major general
Group: Moderators
I see your point mali, but you must remember why we changed nick in the first place. The majority of the clan people didn't like the previous name, including Hate (whom you might remember).

There is really no problem, except for the fact that people shouldn't be allowed to wear the old tag. No tag is fine, but a wrong tag shouldn't be allowed (imo).
People should just start wearing [TheD] in Dark Messiah as well as all other games. It doesn't matter that people remember KoD, caus as tiny says: "Its just a name, and it doesn't matter" (not the exact words but its what he means).
What matters is how we act and react in-game and how well we behave and instruct others. By doing this we will make a new reputation and people will join the "new" clan called The Descendants =)

Those who underestimates themselves shall stay in misery where they belong.

Steam ID: dragon_of_doom

Message edited by Zorock - Friday, 2011-07-01, 4:36 PM

AlnitakDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 5:15 PM | Message # 6
Major general
Group: Member
Quote (Zorock)
The majority of the clan people didn't like the previous name, including Hate (whom you might remember).

The {KoD}-Clan was build by h@†3.
I am glad about so many active members. Also I am glad about all new members.

This homepage has a copyright by h@†3.

It actually put "by H@te and Sicc", but I think they liked the old tag.

You can run but you can´t hide!

TuralyonDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 5:48 PM | Message # 7
Major
Quote (Zorock)
"Its just a name, and it doesn't matter" (not the exact words but its what he means).

If the name doesn't matter, why change it in the first place?

Quote (Alnitak)
It actually put "by H@te and Sicc", but I think they liked the old tag.

As far as I remember, h@t3 always was fond of the name - or at least he didn't mention to me that he started disliking it.

And if I remember correctly, the reason {KoD} got its name changed to TG^ was because (I will try to use exact words) "Knights of Darkness doesn't fit in CS:S as a name".
And after it was named TG^ for a while, you guys opened a discussion in the private forum about the new tag.
If you ask my personal opinion, I would say that {KoD} was the best name your clan had, plus the old website look - it was really nice - no matter what game you would play in. As for the current one, well, let's just say I find it unoriginal and uncreative (talking about website look as well).

And besides, if you really are worried that your clan name wouldn't fit in other games such as CS:S or SC II ... what about your nicknames then? Do they fit?

Your resoning is excellent -- it's only your basic asumptions that are wrong.

Message edited by Turalyon - Friday, 2011-07-01, 5:52 PM

KamiziDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 6:22 PM | Message # 8
Major general
Group: Moderators
/claps

HellDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 8:16 PM | Message # 9
Colonel
Quote (Turalyon)
And if I remember correctly, the reason {KoD} got its name changed to TG^ was because (I will try to use exact words) "Knights of Darkness doesn't fit in CS:S as a name".

Idd. Well I also like the "Copyright ๖TG^Clan © 2011" part and "about TheD" on main page with "The {KoD}-Clan was build by h@†3.
I am glad about so many active members. Also I am glad about all new members." and the shield with "TG^" on it... 3 in 1? xD

I am your road to HELL xD

TuralyonDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 8:27 PM | Message # 10
Major
I think the reason for that is Tiny being lazy tongue

MightyMalcolmDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 9:07 PM | Message # 11
Sergeant
do what you want guys. but this will be the last time i search the whole ftp for any potential name remains that need to be modified. so every KoD/TG/TheD admin now needs to wear [TheD] before his nick.

Added (2011-07-01, 9:07 PM)
done. names now look like [TheD].new void, [TheD]Alnitak, etc.

TuralyonDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 9:38 PM | Message # 12
Major
Sorry to disappoint you Mal, but I think they use it like "TheD.", which means instead of Alnitak having [TheD]Alnitak, he has TheD.Alnitak ... unless I remembered it wrong.

MightyMalcolmDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 9:43 PM | Message # 13
Sergeant
perfectlly right. massive find and replace attack! it's now TheD.new void etc

HellDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 10:38 PM | Message # 14
Colonel
Poor Mal :< You've become a victim of a mass-name-change xD *hugz*

I am your road to HELL xD

MrTinyDate: Saturday, 2011-07-02, 1:00 AM | Message # 15
Clanleader
Group: Administrators
1. funny how most of you posting here are not in the clan. So please, fuck off? tongue
2 1st and second name change we here only in 2 games so it suited to change the clan name. Hate agreed the name didn't suit other games and thus the change.
3. Clan tag is TheD. It was neber [TheD].
4. Website will be changed soon, yes i have been lazy on site. tongue
5. Whats the point of having a clan when its not? DM is in the clan thus it will be under the clan name.
6. You don't like the website thats you own preference, I'm not good at website stuff and i don't act like i do.

Born In Darkness. Sworn To Justice.
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.

Forum » Members Area » Chat » your funny clan name
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright TheD.Clan© 2024