Friday, 2024-05-10, 6:50 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[TheD]The Descendants
Main | DM is getting alive! - Page 3 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: h@†3, MrTiny  
Forum » Members Area » Chat » DM is getting alive! (weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)
DM is getting alive!
KamiziDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-02, 0:09 AM | Message # 31
Major general
Group: Moderators
We will see, 1st they must like the game, know the players, play with pros and then maybe some will ask for help. for now, gn :>

MrTinyDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-02, 0:11 AM | Message # 32
Clanleader
Group: Administrators
Gn and all luck to u, god knows u need it! xD

Born In Darkness. Sworn To Justice.
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.

ZorockDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-02, 8:01 AM | Message # 33
Major general
I thought goblins were night creatures O.o Anyways... I think the problem is that they download DM for free, and then they start playing Multiplayer without playing Singleplayer.... Its helps alot playing the singleplayer.. And also they don't have any friends whom they can play DM with, so they just play randomly on servers they know nothing about.
When I started playing, fuzz helped me out alot and practiced both ON me and WITH me... I was his ragdoll so to speak tongue
Anyways it helped alot and without Fuzz I probably wouldn't have played DM alot =)

Those who underestimates themselves shall stay in misery where they belong.

Steam ID: dragon_of_doom

HellDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-02, 10:16 AM | Message # 34
Colonel
Group: Clan Friends
Well, as for me, nobody taught me how to play and moreover, I played MP first, only then SP. And I wouldn't say that it influenced my skills much xD (if there r any xD PS. ye ye Jil, i know that my priest has no skill xD).

But from the other side, yet I dunno how to play warrior well, it is not my class xD

Anywayz, I don't think that it depends much on whether ppl ask u for advice or not, I suppose that it mainly depends on some other thingz coz u can become good w/o any advice, for example, u can just copy styles of ppl who r good and this helps much.

And also I consider that u won't make ppl play like u want them to play if they don't wanna. If they want to learn they will, if they don't and their playing already makes them happy, no doubt that they don't listen to u..and they won't..

I am your road to HELL xD

JilakoDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-02, 10:48 AM | Message # 35
Lieutenant
Well, in my opinion, people shouldn't play the single player before going on multiplayer. On single player, fireball is barely controllable; stances? wut's dat? SLASH SLASH ORKS & GOBLINS etc..
And at beginning, you could be able to learn by yourself just by looking at people because there were MANY more players, so you could copy a bit what was doing one, copy a bit what was doing another etc.. which could make nice result.

Another thing.

ye ye Jil, i know that my priest has no skill xD
Stop. Trolling.

What am I , Who am I except a ghost from old times?

KamiziDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-02, 10:58 AM | Message # 36
Major general
Before I bought DM I passed DM SP like 20 times xD and when I finally bought DM and could play MP I didn't know anybody :< BUT GOBLINEO DIDN'T GIVE UP! NAVOR! Anyway, it depends on person if likes this game or not. If ye then he/she (hope so) will keep playing and get better somehow, if not... Cross for the way.

JilakoDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-02, 11:04 AM | Message # 37
Lieutenant
It depends also if the person finds some good friends to improve self with them. I mean, we all had a person with who we played a lot
Kamizi -> tyranus
Me -> stan and toki
Tiny -> Maximus if i remember well
Etc..

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-02, 12:27 PM | Message # 38
Major
Quote (MrTiny)
I'll just kill and they can learn by watching

It doesn't work that simply with me :| I kill 6 of them in a row and 3 people leave. I kill a few more, there are only 8 people on the server left. Unless there is a good opponent on the opposite team (which usually is one of the guys that is in either one of the clans), then people stay ... if they don't have, they leave without trying to learn.
Before I started MP I tried SP twice. Once was on Hard Mode as Warrior and second time was on Expert as Mage, and as far as I remember it didn't effect my gameplay for SP later, simply because so many things are different ... but you get to know tricks like "Oh, there's an armored unit, you can't slash him" etc.
I really don't remember a time, even when I started to play MP, that I ever slashed a Warrior, hoping I would score a kill.

Added (2010-11-02, 12:27 PM)
---------------------------------------------
When I started to play, there were A LOT of good players playing at the time. And by good I mean people that improved day by day by playing against each other. And it was mostly on Crusade where you could see DG clan among others. Crusade is an awesome point to start learning how to play I think ... it's more to it then standing on the same place at all times trying to "protect your flag" by camping it. Instead if you take a point, you need to move into a completely different environment and you are forced to learn something new, like hidden places et cetera.
I've learned mostly by myself and by watching others play against me.

Your resoning is excellent -- it's only your basic asumptions that are wrong.

KamiziDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-02, 12:33 PM | Message # 39
Major general
Ty Tur for your article, I'm always scared to read all the text.

MrTinyDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-02, 2:04 PM | Message # 40
Clanleader
Quote (Jilako)
Tiny -> Maximus if i remember well

Learned by watching. maxy Never had great patience to teach, just killed me over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.. and i learned by dieing and watching (PS some ppl say i also play lil like koijer but max and him did play the same and max is morre well known)

The fact is the new players coming into DM 30% of them run away when they see a gd player on server. 40% play they own way and r to ego smog to play any differently(and call gd players hackers etc) and another 20% use bugs and 10% hack.

+ There are to lil pros to teach that 30% and even less that have the time to or want to.

ZorockDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-03, 7:44 AM | Message # 41
Major general
Quote (Jilako)
On single player, fireball is barely controllable; stances? wut's dat? SLASH SLASH ORKS & GOBLINS etc..

I don't know if you've played singleplayer, but on Hardcore mode you can't just slash your opponents... when you get to fight goblins the very first time, and you don't have armor, they will kill you with 1 hit literally. Same goes for Orcs.

Quote (MrTiny)
maxy Never had great pations to teach

You mean Patience here? O.o lol'd.. Anyways.. I know that problem very well. I've taught maybe 2 guys a little in how to play archer, and they both turned out good, and I agree that a certain amount of skill needs to be learned by themselves. But a trainer helps alot, and I'm a living proof of that tongue It's just hard to find time for it nowadays :/

Those who underestimates themselves shall stay in misery where they belong.

Steam ID: dragon_of_doom

MrTinyDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-03, 9:46 AM | Message # 42
Clanleader
Evil Zorock! tongue
anyway...
Quote (Zorock)
It's just hard to find time for it nowadays :/
Exactly. surprised

JilakoDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-03, 10:58 AM | Message # 43
Lieutenant
I don't know if you've played singleplayer, but on Hardcore mode you can't just slash your opponents... when you get to fight goblins the very first time, and you don't have armor, they will kill you with 1 hit literally. Same goes for Orcs.

And how many players in the pack of slashers that we have, have played hardcore? If they had done so, I guess they could understand that after 5 tries, slashing a warrior as assassin is definitly useless.
And about Tur, well, crusade serv were nice (even if i've never been fond of crusades) to get better, but deathmatch servs were good too, except for learning not to tk..
I wonder if turning ctf servers into team deathmatch servs wouldn't be better, maybe the players who tk will stop it, because it'll make their team loosing, whereas in ctf, a tker won't always make his team loosing.. But here again, it's supposing that the guy care about his team winning

TuralyonDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-03, 6:31 PM | Message # 44
Major
Why Crusade is the best to learn something. It's because in order to win you have to do stuff like open doors, help teamates sneak behind enemy lines, etc.
And if you team-killed a friendly target while he was capturing the base, you obviously made it really really bad for your team.

Your resoning is excellent -- it's only your basic asumptions that are wrong.

JilakoDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-03, 7:18 PM | Message # 45
Lieutenant
Yes, but as i said, there are many people that don't care about winning, they just want to kill the most people. (we just have to go on ctf serv to see it, I dare anybody to say me that he never saw his allies "mysteriously" dodging the flag when you're throwing it to them..)

Forum » Members Area » Chat » DM is getting alive! (weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)
Search:

Copyright TheD.Clan© 2024