Monday, 2024-05-13, 1:47 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[TheD]The Descendants
Main | Who were your teachers? - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: h@†3, MrTiny  
Forum » Members Area » Chat » Who were your teachers?
Who were your teachers?
ZorockDate: Wednesday, 2010-01-20, 8:27 AM | Message # 16
Major general
Group: Moderators
My teachers were Fuzz and Spike, and a little squirtel tongue
Fuzz taught me to play warrior and archer in the beginning, I got my ass raped alot but I adopted some skills and learned how to avoid people, the hard way. I'm glad he didn't go very easy on me and let me win all the time tongue biggrin Lots of great duels happy He also taught me how to play priestess smile
Spike taught me Archer only, He opened my eyes about jumping and saving stamina for when it is necessary. We had lots of great duels together dry
Squirtel and I didn't really train alot, we just duelled alot together and since we were about the same skill in Archer we had very awesome duels against each other happy
Jil taught me about all bugs that I know, and taught me a bit about how to play mage, and how useful jumping style can be in stressful situations.
Assassin is mostly self-taught, however I adopted some skills, mostly from jil, but also from stan and fuzz happy

Those who underestimates themselves shall stay in misery where they belong.

Steam ID: dragon_of_doom

DonSpeedyDate: Wednesday, 2010-01-20, 8:35 PM | Message # 17
Major
Group: Clan Friends
i don't know if i had any teacher at all wacko , but in case there were some i just name the people i played with
Mally i guess, for obvious reason^^
then panda, the holy keeper of assassine style^^
and tiny, the bouncing kangoroo-warrior biggrin

TuralyonDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 11:39 AM | Message # 18
Major
Well I can't say I had any teachers, but I can say that I did learn a thing or two from a few people. Rest was self-taught.
Back in the early days of my DM playing, where we used to play only crusade and an occasional ctf, I remember [HBD]Shaft being one of the most powerful warriors at the time. Ofc, at the time most of the people were still new at the game, so slashing a warrior was common. My first class to play was mage, but there was nothing to it, so I switched to warrior. I remember the first time I tried to slash a warrior and heard the armor "clangs" so I said ... ah, slashes won't do (can't really understand how most of people don't see that from one slash that they don't hurt them). So I went using my stances only (when I started using stances, I used them on other classes aswell, since I found it more effective). I did know about the lock-on, but I didn't use it, because I thought it'd make me slow a little slower to hit from the side. As mentioned above, Shaft was one of the best warriors at the time, and I had a pleasure to duel him for a short briefs in the game, and learned his way to hit from side - lock on + starfe. And I've been using it since, ofc with some modifications. Like, I found that moving from left to right (while in a warrior duel) makes the opponent's lock-on go haywire when you run from the side.
Than Warrior became my main class, since I loved the skill required to kill someone. So I developed fast, and also tried new tricks. Like when you run towards a mage, you can actually jump over the fireball (and yes, at the time people were so surprised, they actually wanted me to teach them). Than another trick I also told to Borbel (but I'm not sure he ever tired it out) was running towards any opponent, and jump on his head (with crounch+jump ofc) but you needed to have lock-on on. Therefore, you'd be on his head, stancing or slashing him like hell (his hp going down pretty fast) while he needed time to actually find where you'd go (noone didn't know the trick with jumping back than). Than people adjusted and started using jumps.
A little while, there was a time I had duels with |RB|Crash, who had this unique skills play. When dueling a warrior, he would charge you, turn around, do one meter away (you would use your stance than) and than he'd charge you again, hitting you without you having any defense system on (parry, shield). You guys might think "oh, I've learned that from ***" or "that tricks is well known..." ... well, at that time, it wasn't new at all, Crash discovered it, and if you learned it from anybody other than him, than that guy learned from Crash or me. It was a nice trick for at least 4 months, but than other people started using it aswell.
When we played crusade, and I met the well known priest Emily, I literally copied her priesting (combat priesting that is) - it was still a year of 2007, where she wrote to my reputation on our EYE page - Emily 2007-10-12, 1:46 Pm Nice copying of my priesting =P
That would be for things that I've learned from other people.
Now, after a while of playing warrior and jumping around on people's heads, I finally wanted to try another class - and it was time to play Archer. Ofc I tried him before and played him occasionally, but how I started to play Archer, it changed the game entirely. I remember it was in early year of 2008, I actually started to JUMP with archer. Every archer we saw in game they were running around, trying to dodge warriors, but usually without any luck. True, people jumped and try to do something, but my way of jumping was different. I copied the jumps I used for my warrior, and used the exact same technique for my archer. I tried to jump over engaging people (they didn't expect me to just vanish in front of their eyes or they didn't expect me to jump away like that aswell). At that time, I know I was the only jumping archer in the game (you can ask EnerGi too, who learned it from me aswell), and I could literally take around 6vs1 people against me (it was also because people didn't expect the jumps, so they actually just shoot their teammates instead). Those who were in EYE clan at that time (and active ofc) - one was EnerGi, and I think Dwarf and Sinner where playing than aswell, could confirm what I just wrote. Again, same as with Crash, you might think this like something completely old thing, but someone had to start it, and I can assure you, about the archer jumping it was me.
So yes, I've learned things from people, I have also taught a few people (either they tried to use my style just by watching (not all ofc) or they asked me about it - like Sinner - and I told them).

Your resoning is excellent -- it's only your basic asumptions that are wrong.

Message edited by Turalyon - Thursday, 2010-01-21, 11:45 AM

AnimalDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 4:33 PM | Message # 19
Sergeant
Well, i found out the very basics (e.g. that you cant hurt warriors by slash, or that you jump higher when crouching while jumping) on my own; the jump+crouch e.g. works in many games that are based on Half-Life engine, the old CS for example ( i dont know about CS:S), so i tried it out in DM as well. I read other things like that you can sprint as warrior on stairs without problems when shielding in tips section of EYE and KoD forums. And reading the hints on loading screen is really useful for beginners, but i often have the feeling that most of them don't read it.

NikitsonDate: Friday, 2010-01-22, 2:21 AM | Message # 20
Colonel
Group: Member
..."sinner, crash, emily".....nostalgia for euro official crusade 24/24 smile

Message edited by Nikitson - Friday, 2010-01-22, 1:55 PM

MightyMalcolmDate: Friday, 2010-01-22, 5:01 PM | Message # 21
Sergeant
i have to add ...

that Archeron showed me how NOT to jump as archer and
that Hell gave me a lil lesson in 2-shot-kills! thx guys =)

the rest is picked from here and there ^^

Applause from the audience, please!

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Friday, 2010-01-22, 5:03 PM

AlnitakDate: Friday, 2010-01-22, 5:33 PM | Message # 22
Major general
Group: Member
I can't consider nobody as a teacher, I stayed most of the time dueling "now dissapeared" warriors in colo like Kusu, Virgilius, Fly, and some good warriors with forgotten nicks. If I need to choose 1 as a teacher I would choose Kusu, who teached me some technics as far as I remember.

You can run but you can´t hide!

JilakoDate: Friday, 2010-01-22, 6:27 PM | Message # 23
Lieutenant
that Archeron showed me how NOT to jump as archer

BOOO! Jumping is good! (very useful comment, i know)

What am I , Who am I except a ghost from old times?

h@†3Date: Saturday, 2010-01-23, 0:43 AM | Message # 24
Counselor
Group: Administrators
Teachers... Oh well... Actually I had noone.. except of some friends I was playing with. Sicc was playing like every day with me... And we both were on the same lvl. Well im kinda surprised noone naming me as teacher... I teached much ppl about how to play archer. Like you Malcolm... But ok nvm...

At least I was playing month just in Colloseum. Thats why im still very evul there (with archer). Malcolm just got a remind. biggrin
The only person I could name as teacher is Spike. Coz he was telling me, what I was mistaking in. Im not perfect... not now... never was. But I know im skill-full. At least I also was playing much together with Fly. But he didnt teached me. Coz as I met him first, I was allready in EYE for about 3 month.

I miss the good old Colloseum days cry They were so funny.

################################################################################################################################## ####################

Ok smthn to add... Tura no offence over all... I know ur one of those guys who plays this game like forever. But do not say that everyone who can jump as archer has learned it from you... Sounds kinda odd. We havent met often in my first days. Actually we just did right when Sicc was joining EYE. Befor i just heared rumors about Nighwish... anyway. Ppl also can learn things themself. I just can remember how hard it as for me to learn how to aim at a warrior ambushing. I have my own techiques on that. Its kinda turned jump. If a war is attacking with sidesteps, I turn myself away short befor he hits me. While I do I shoot, and hit. I NEVER saw someone using this... EVER SINCE I STARTED PLAYIN! Coz im shootin while I turn myself to jump backwards. Just like you turn your char when u got attacked from behind...

Anyway. I guess there are much ppl learnign things from others. At least the whole game is a learning process over all. For me it was completly insane to be in CTF. So hard... I was used to focus one person and kill that. And not to watch about 8 enemys to avoid my death. At least I think the first class I rly managed to play in CTF was mage. Which one wasnt nessesary. There are much ppl out there who dont know how hard it is to play skillfull over all... Specially in CTF. Today I just see Slashsassins and Slashwars. Running straigt to me and branding with their weapons. Its a shame to see ppl acting.... And then when u die u just hear "Hahaha"-Taunt. Well I also learned how to aviod most damage. I just remember my magerushes in the enemy base. 7-10 ppl killed befor I accidently die or just was outa stamina. biggrin

This is what I learned myself. And as I said im not perfect over all. But I know what im able to... what I have learned over years ingame. So I guess the best teacher you all ever had was DM itself. biggrin

°~._Who thinks to be something, stoped to become someting_.~°

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2010-01-23, 10:02 AM | Message # 25
Major
Oh, don't understand me wrong. By what I wrote I meant that people who were playing THAN, learned those things from me ... as far as I remember, noone jumps like I used to jump with archer (maybe still some do, maybe not). Those jumps were very different, and they are specially not your "turned jump", because that jump is somehow a jump your reflexes do when you spot a raging enemy. The jumps I am talking about were jumping on people's heads, so if you'd see a raging warrior, you'd run towards him. I sometimes still use tricks like that (for example on stairs on a cliff), since warriors like to jump from high ground and than nuke you from up above, I just run towards where they jumped from ... so they miss me, and I am far ontop of them. If they try to follow me, I just jump over them and run downcliff...

h@†3Date: Saturday, 2010-01-23, 11:16 AM | Message # 26
Counselor
Ok those "Dodges" are normal, and ok then I miss readed it. It just looked like you wanted to say that u have learned everything first bla bla--- Nvm anymore biggrin

About my "Reflexjump" I love it. And it still is effective. smile

Its kinda hard to explain how to have such good timed shoot over all. I guess if the enemy is to close there is no way to miss the target. biggrin Well anyways... I thought of havin a revive to the good old days in Collo. So if there is someone who wants to play with me. Please just ask. (I have 6 Weeks till I need to be back at work. I have a legament Strain in my right ankle- which makes it impossible to walk of a far distance or even to ride by bike)

I would be very happy about a full day in Collo. To shake of all the rust smile

°~._Who thinks to be something, stoped to become someting_.~°

MrTinyDate: Sunday, 2010-01-24, 6:11 PM | Message # 27
Clanleader
I always jump on ppls heads and stuuf but i didn't learn that from any1 and u don't need lock on to do it. O.o D:
full day in collo ftw! a pitty theres not many ppl in there anymore. cry

Born In Darkness. Sworn To Justice.
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.

MightyMalcolmDate: Sunday, 2010-01-24, 6:17 PM | Message # 28
Sergeant
Quote (h@†3)
At least I was playing month just in Colloseum. Thats why im still very evul there (with archer). Malcolm just got a remind.

*cough* ehm, cant remember, no comment tongue

was a one-time-thing. wont happen again (... hopefully) xD

Applause from the audience, please!

AnimalDate: Monday, 2010-01-25, 2:38 PM | Message # 29
Sergeant
Colo... never liked it that much, except for colo deathmatch and one vs one warrior duels,i guess i'm to impatient^^ I started with ctf, and played nearly only ctf. Crusade could be very funny, but only with more than 14 players on a (european) server imo.

TuralyonDate: Monday, 2010-01-25, 5:29 PM | Message # 30
Major
Now you know how it was when there were at least 20 people playing Crusade each day tongue
As far as I remember, there were at least 50 servers up - lots of DE servers, lots of EU, and many US aswell.
24 or 32 player servers with crusade mode on <333333

Forum » Members Area » Chat » Who were your teachers?
Search:

Copyright TheD.Clan© 2024