[TheD]The Descendants
Main | Most difficult class to play in DM - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: h@†3, MrTiny  
Forum » Members Area » Chat » Most difficult class to play in DM
Most difficult class to play in DM
What is the most difficult class to play in DM?
1. Warrior [ 4 ] [25.00%]
2. Assassin [ 1 ] [6.25%]
3. Archer [ 7 ] [43.75%]
4. Mage [ 1 ] [6.25%]
5. Priest [ 3 ] [18.75%]
Answers total: 16
MightyMalcolmDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 2:51 AM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Clan Friends
Well i think the headlines quite name what i wanna ask for^^ What class, would you say, needs most skill to be nicely played? i keep telling that in my opinion it'd be warrior (for several reasons, but since its my wain, no wonder^^), but i am 100% sure x people will stand up shouting now: "Noooo! sin/arch/mage/priest is WAAAAAAAY harder! ..."

well, let numbers decide biggrin

hf voting

Added (2010-01-16, 2:51 Am)
---------------------------------------------
PS.: pls also ask others u know to vote/answer in here, like the EYE guys etc. wanna have as many answers as possible to make it representative^^

Applause from the audience, please!

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Saturday, 2010-01-16, 9:53 AM

DissociactiveDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 3:02 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Member
Noooo! arch is WAAAAAAAY harder! ... xd
For me it's archer b'cause proper aiming in dm is smth impossible for me.
And war rox \,,/(>_<)\,,/

Message edited by Dissociactive - Saturday, 2010-01-16, 4:06 AM

JilakoDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 7:36 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Iz archer imo for same reason than disso (except that it's not "impossible to proper aim" for me ^^')
I could also vote for warr and assa but its more cause of my lags and teleback than the class itself..
(War suuuxx! *troll inside*)

What am I , Who am I except a ghost from old times?

MightyMalcolmDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 10:14 AM | Message # 4
Sergeant
biggrin tongue nevah! Warrs always r the guys punshed by every1. they run in the 1st row and have to watch out for almost anybody: other warrs, mages/arches that decide to randomly spam them, and corrupt-priests^^ needs overview, timing and a great deal of anticipation (depending on enemy).
AND I SHAVE MY TROLL-HAIRS!!! xD

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Saturday, 2010-01-16, 10:16 AM

AlnitakDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 2:03 PM | Message # 5
Major general
In my opinion the nerfed and hardest class is archer. There are no headshots, the damage is the same against all the classes, they are slow compared to other classes like warrior, etc, ah and is hard to aim.
Btw the easiest class I think is the assassin against all the classes, they can do an amazing slash, backstabs, orbs, invisibility..

You can run but you can´t hide!

DissociactiveDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 2:06 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
War has best protection anyway. Shield (plus magic, but doesn't help against pr0 pyro mages), armor from those sin/war slash (there r slashers everywhere now), highest speed, biggest stamina and strongest melee attack.
Now archer..All thing that i wrote higher does not fit archer. Ofc he has range attack and those arrow's variety, but does it pay of all minuses? I don't think so.

*textwall*

Message edited by Dissociactive - Saturday, 2010-01-16, 2:07 PM

AnimalDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 2:35 PM | Message # 7
Sergeant
If there were no bombs, I'd say assassin, since it's quite hard to be unnoticed against experienced players; but since bombs are so strong, i say archer too (we are not talking about colosseum, right?)

MightyMalcolmDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 4:05 PM | Message # 8
Sergeant
dunno biggrin just in general^^

JilakoDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 7:06 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant
I wouldn't say archer is the nerfed class but the most fair clast (i didn't like "fairest"). Yes it has double and triple arrow which can instant kill but it's realistic. Drill arrow is the strongest arrow but what a huge cost of mana, compared to warriro's leap who cost no mana.

MrTinyDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 9:00 PM | Message # 10
Clanleader
Group: Administrators
I'd have to say archer, if u have no aim ur dead, if u don't know how to use its stamina properly ur dead, if u can't dodge ur dead.

Born In Darkness. Sworn To Justice.
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.

ZorockDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 9:59 PM | Message # 11
Major general
Group: Moderators
Alright... before I vote I just want to say that its not just pyro's who can hit a warrior with magic shield on.. in fact its easier with lightning if its a skilled player.. (I'm not gonna say how you can hit the warrior tongue )

My vote would probably go to (and its based on the fact that this thread doesn't mention anything about bugging nor bugs) Warrior
Mainly for the same reasons as Malcolm: The warrior needs the biggest overview since he is visible at all times and does not have any ranged attack at all... (except maybe "longsword" tongue )
Also he can be hit by both fire and lightning mages even though he has magic shield on.. also shield doesn't parry vs arrows when at a certain distance (or closer than that border) when archer shoots for head or legs. An archer on the other hand can just jump away, reload while in air -> shoot -> turn around again and run, and continue like that... the warrior wont have a chance. same goes for mages. and assassins can just bomb...

Those who underestimates themselves shall stay in misery where they belong.

Steam ID: dragon_of_doom

Message edited by Ateist - Saturday, 2010-01-16, 10:05 PM

TuralyonDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 1:44 PM | Message # 12
Major
I'd say a priest. That would be because if you give any class to a beginner, he will suck the most at priesting.
Also, (let's say you're not playing against noobs, which DM is full of atm) you would be the one targeted the most (don't have to explain why I guess). True, you can stoneskin yourself, heal, brambles ... but if there are people with brains playing, they'll group up (2 are enough) and kill the priest ... one assa + warrior, or double warrior, or just a pyro mage with full fire focus ...
Why didn't I pick archer like the rest of you, it's because I believe priest is harder and you can do really lots of damage with your arrows (most people won't see your normal arrow coming when you have range upgraded, bramble arrow, drill ...)

Your resoning is excellent -- it's only your basic asumptions that are wrong.

NikitsonDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 3:42 PM | Message # 13
Colonel
dont know... i dont see the hard class in dm.
but i can say few nomminates....i guess warrior. and not 1 vs 1 skills. that skills means nothing in real game.
Warrior melle class only. -> its not easy to keep your hp not = 0. so really warrior is too hard class, when he have too much kills\too little deaths.
warrior is multiEnemy class thats not easy.

and sure priest..tura said the same.

offtop. imho Mage is overpowerd class anyway.
he can kill any class...even stoned priest..even warrior with magic shield(and take 88 hp at least) mostly as pyro afinity sure and so on.. mages rock biggrin

Message edited by Nikitson - Sunday, 2010-01-17, 3:43 PM

MightyMalcolmDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 5:09 PM | Message # 14
Sergeant
Quote (Nikitson)
even stoned priest

xDDD seems there are many stoned ppl playing out there biggrin

JilakoDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 6:44 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant
I don't think mage is overpowered (ok , it is powered, but it's a mage, not a pancake!) An assa can kill any classes too (if he has less lags than me...). And about warrior with safeguard,no he won't take 88 dmg at least, it'll usually more be around 60 , except if the enemy mage is really good , or you have very bad luck (88 dmg is the kind of damages you take when ytou're directly hit by fireball).
About warrior: with lock, they can easily gain 2 meters range ( it really happened to me..), with leap he can instant kill a priest and it's really instant, and this, a mage can't do it.
And for priest, that depends of the way you play it, i mean, if it's a support priest, i agree it'll be hard to play for a beginner, but if it's offensive priest (full range + full corrupt) i don't think it'll be so hard

Forum » Members Area » Chat » Most difficult class to play in DM
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright TheD.Clan© 2024