• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: h@†3, MrTiny  
Forum » Members Area » Chat » history lesson
history lesson
MightyMalcolmDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 2:21 AM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Clan Friends
hey guys^^

well i had a really really rough look over some of ur score-posts from 2008 (which means i looked at ~ 4-5) ... Hate, have u been in [-CA-] even when this forum was already there? i'm confused wacko

btw, since i'm relatively new in DM (what are 1 1/2 years?!! biggrin ) u guys may like telling me, what happened in DM before my time? some fun- or just good-old-time-stories? i'll be happy bout whatever u post wink

grz,
mighty

PS.: CW is coming, we decide when soon^^ so pls be rusty! xD

Applause from the audience, please!

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Saturday, 2010-01-16, 2:43 AM

MightyMalcolmDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 4:46 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
THAT's what i call a history lesson^^ thx alni wink

i have already told severl guys my "curiculum vitae" in DM, so those may just skip the rest of this post ... it's not too long anyway^^

DM for me has always been love on first sight. but when i bought it, i still didnt have any inet-access @ home, so i just played the SP and gave my MP-key to panda. i still was in school those days and whenever there were 2 or more free lessons, i jumped on my bike, drove to his place, and (almost) missed the following lesson xD i wasnt even that bad in my starting days! without lock (but with slashing^^) i was able to have some nice stats o.O i think that game loved me as well.

in the sweet age of, i dunno, 18(??), malcolm got inet @ home and guess what was his first game to play online? right. was such a total blue noob (well in some ways i might still be^^). took me bout another half a year to add some1 else than my brother on steam (i am shy^^)

well, u guys know the rest. TSH ftw biggrin but i still remember the very first time i wanted to train on ur KoD-server. maaaaan i was sooooo nervous to ask for pw. took me five minutes to press the "ok" button to add tiny on steam. i didnt know him at all that times and i thought he was sort of an authority biggrin biggrin
i wrote him one DIN A4-page of "hello" and "excuse me, but could we pls pls pls pls [...] pls pls borrow ur server for some train?"
the answer: "what the hell are u talking about?!"
me: "ehm, i'd like to have a pw on server ..."
tiny: "ah! so why dont u say it in the first place? biggrin "

that was the start of the good times (for me) and an onholding love affaire with a brown guy in england. the thought that i'd been afraid of asking him ... xDDDD i was so young (and talking private: yet he is not as old as i was when starting with DM Ô.o)

lol this post quickly exceeded its intended length o.O forgive me guys, u know i'm chatty wink
so keep on posting!!!

grz,
mighty

Applause from the audience, please!

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Sunday, 2010-01-17, 4:57 PM

DissociactiveDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 5:50 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Member
I think Mally just can't stop posting here tongue

My story ... heh.
Okay, i started playing dm in the end of 2007. Like all of us i slashed and spamed hardly. Btw 5 or 6 times i even got top score smile
I saw CA and EYE guys, getting interested how people like Borbel, Sicc or Godfather were so nice in some classes. Some day I met Chips. He explained me how to use lock first and then how to play without it. We had really nice duels with him. We even made our own clan that consisted of only us. But then i had to leave DM.
Then i got back to DM in 2009. Forgot all of skills, like no-lock war and so on i started all again. I started getting skills back back but no so fast. And 1 day i met Alni. He was war and after our fight he invited me to KoD. I passed test (lol) and got in.

That's my story cool

JilakoDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 8:10 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
About me, i can't give a real date of when i started dm multiplayer but a thing i"'m sure, it was 4 months before AO clan disappeared *sigh*
I was a AO member for the last 2 months of this clan where i met really nice people as Leonidas, Prodigy, Phoenix, Lawliet,Xana and some others and i also met nice people which weren't in AO clan, as Virgilius, Toki, Eteron. But when AO clan disappeared (the serv of our clan shut down, leader had "bad time" and some other things), only 2 members stayed, Phoenix and Me and we kept the tag for 8 months, playing with this tag.
Then, Phoenix had less and less time to play and i stopped to use AO tag , i was playing as an anonymous sad
As many of you know it, i always and will always regretted this time, with AO and with Phoenix who was , and still is, my best mate on dm. Then i much played with Eteron with who i had much fun, even if we were hating all clans, despising theirs members, specially EYE clan (eye clan wasn't as it is now..).
Then bad things happened.. I took a "break" from dm.. Actually, i deleted 75% of my friend list, changed nick, to make it short, i wanted to fully disappear from DM as Jilako. This is from this time that I have "Orc" nick (only some people know why and it'd be too long to explain). Then i saw Eteron joined EYE clan, so i joined it too. Even if i had fun in EYE, i sometiems wonder if it was wise to join this clan.. But anyway, some times later, Eteron left dm and simply disappeared (=he kicked off many friends from his list). Since this , him and me are hating each other (i remember you that we were friends since him and me play dm (we began dm in around same time)). With that, things definitly went bad, my mage started to get less and less good,same for my archer, i kept having argues with people etc.. Then happened HBD vs EYE clan war to which i participated and left EYE after and you know the rest.

People who knows me since long time (Xana for exemple) will notice that i didn't speak about some things: My time in ACVQ and in Hs* or in [sTaRs] cause i don't consider theses periods very important

Another thing, some people may wondering who is the Eteron i'm speaking about, you may know him under the nick of "Stan", but for me, Stan and Eteron are not the same .. Stan was his nick when he joined EYE clan and i miss Eteron.. sad

What am I , Who am I except a ghost from old times?

MrTinyDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 8:57 PM | Message # 5
Clanleader
Group: Administrators
My story.
Dunno where to start O.O
Started about 2 years ago now. My uncle showed me the game and i fell in love with it in the 1st 5 mins of playing it o.o
The 1st class i chose was warrior and the 1st map i joined was collo. 1st duels i had was with maxy and Koijari!! and man was i out of my league! I played a lot on collo and so did they especially maxy, i managed to get Koijari!! to teach me how to play warrior, he was a full no lcok warrior do never told me about it := so i didn't know about it for some time. Then maxy started teaching me after Koijer became rly inactive D:
I duels maxy close to everyday i played DM for more then half a year...Ah how can i forget hate and sicc when i 1st saw them was also in collo(lulz) they were the nices ppl and played a lot with them and i do mean a LOT and Suicide that i became rly gd friends ...as u can se i was/am a big fan of collo.
Then they both joined EYE. (D:) And i got 1 of my friends to play and he made a clan called Soul Eaters and asked me to teach him and his clan(o.o) his in game name was Fire-wind. Well his computer crashed and burns and thus his dad band him from his PC(lulz) so SE disbanded. Then hate and sicc soon after made their own clan KoD and i can safly say that was the best think that’s happened to me in DM to date. After joining I helped out as best I can make more friends with eye members CA members and others along the way.

I am sure i missed some bits out but i can't remember everything. O.O
I think thats all of it the rest u all know.

Born In Darkness. Sworn To Justice.
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.

AnimalDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 2:17 PM | Message # 6
Sergeant
I started playing DM online around December 2008, soon after i got my internet acess, so i guess I'm one of the newest guys in here. I loved DM singleplayer and was eager to try it online (it was my first online game btw), and found MP quite ok, but was not too fond of it. I started to really love it and to play much around January 2009. I played warrior only in the beginning, and of course i locked and slashed. My first friend out there was Shibi, and he was also my first duel partner. When i started to beat him in duels, i began to play on EYE and KoD servers, and i met Jesus there, who became a good friend and duel partner, although he was much better than me at this time. At one of the first time i played on EYE servers, i saw [EYE]Leonidas and another one, i guess it was Turalyon or Tyranus, pretty much owning the server, and i was quite amazed, and decided to join this clan as soon as i would be good enough. I saw often Orc, Stan and Leonidas playing together and owning, and i found out quickly that they hated lock and slash, so i thought it would be necessary to learn fighting without it, and i changed my nick from "Bambam" to "Anal" and stopped lock/slash. After i started beating Jesus in warrior duel, my next favourite duel partner was Leonidas. I was fighting many many duels with the best, especially Leo, Tyranus, Orc and also Mr.Tiny and Fuzz, so i became better pretty fast. I became friends with Leo, Orc and Stan, and also Hell. Around March, after Jesus had joined KoD, Hell invited me to post on EYE forum to join the clan. I did, and before someone could answer, Ucoz system was down for around 5 days xD. I was accepted and joined EYE, and at this time Leo left DM and went for WoW. My favourite duel partners at that time were Fuzz and Tiny, but also Fly and Dwarfbier every now and then, who both helped me a lot to improve my warrior (which was very funny in case of fly, since he barely speaks english). About the rest you should know, i got higher ranks in clan, became friend with all of you, while Jesus started bugusing and behaving more and more strange. What still makes me a bit proud is that i became Officer in one of the best clans of DM from total noob in around 10 months, especially because [EYE]Elena once said to me: "You will NEVER join EYE, noob" :P

TuralyonDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 3:02 PM | Message # 7
Major
Well my story starts a long time ago, but I know it was in May (maybe year of 2006 or so) where my step father told me about DM and that it has a nice multiplayer mode, so we both bought the game. As far as I remember, I had the name Mel'lock which meant unlock in one of the fantasy languages. I had lots of fun playing, since I didn't know anybody, and meeting new people was such a joy. I got to know lots of nice people like L | Mana, Kusu, Heidil, Emily, ...
Oh, I only played crusade at that time, since that mode was something very different compared to other games. Those were the times where people actually played 5 hours long crusades, and we still had a laugh about it through whole game. At that time I think Emily was also known as undestructable priest tongue . Than clans started showing up, and as far as I can remember there were at least 5 russian clans active along with some American ones and of course a known german clan DG. After a 4 month of playing the game, BloodRaven from [EYE] clan invited me to join, so I checked their site, and took some time to consider (because I wasn't sure if clan thingy was my thing). And after reading on their forums a little, I also discovered that they were mostly a russian clan, which got seperated into two different clans - HBD and EYE, where HBD stood as russian-only and EYE became international clan. So I said to myself that trying shouldn't hurt, and at that time I also changed my nickname to Nighwish (it was the nickname where people knew me the most after). After a while (2-3 months) I became a leader of International branch (there was also a russian seperated branch). I believe only Deadly Sinner and Ch13l were in the clan (international branch) at that time (while we had Borbel, Marcos, BloodRaven and R2D2 (a well known friend of Emily) on russian branch).
We were playing only crusade together, and we got a few new members like Oblivi0 and Envoyl. At that time our clan stated making clanwarses and trainings (while Russian branch had them before already). Since those clanwars were considered only as a training, they weren't registered in our clanwars summary.
I got to know many more interesting friends (like David Drake from HA| clan and of course Prodigy, leader of |ΑΩ| clan). When I got to know Prodigy, we spent endless hours of playing together, and I believe that was the best time I had in DM. No clans were involved, only us two. Than I got to know a few other |ΑΩ| members like Leonidas, Pheonix, Lawliet, ... After that, |ΑΩ| clan got their server up, which had almost every custom map there is on the internet for DM. After a while, I offered Prodigy a clanwars, because at that time, clans started to disappear and we started to play on CTF servers only and we totally forgot about crusade cry
From that point on, clans have been disbanded, remerged, constructed and vanished for at least 1 year. Which meant occasional battle, and no primary clan except for HBD.
I believe people hated EYE clan the most at that time because we had lots of old players of DM in it, and we were quite strong for any new clan to get in the motion. And I admit, a clan like =CoD= died because of our clanwars at that time. (that's also the part where I changed my name to Turalyon - I did it so, because too many people knew me under Nightwish and usually I almost never got a chance to duel someone without them jumping off a cliff and resisting to fight)
I believe the rest you guys know.
All I wish is that all the things would go back before I joined EYE clan, where crusade was all there was for me. The fun I had with those legendary players back than, cannot be forgotten. Miss u guys!

Added (2010-01-17, 3:02 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Oh, what I wanted to add ... why was the time way back than better than it is now. When I played crusade, everybody played exactly what they wanted, and how they wanted ... if it was with slashing, so be it ... fire orbs, noone said anything about being a noob or a lamer at that time (that's also where I had my highest score from). And with time passing by, something happened, and people started using words like "noob" or "slasher" and it felt really weird to hear someone complaining. And when people started to use that every day, I admit, even I called a few people "noob" or "slasher", yet if I think of it, I don't know why, there was no real reason. After a month of doing such things, I realized it's just gibberish doing that, so I started to counter that thing, but I guess people got so used to it, that they are still using those terms.
For the last two months whenever I tried to play (no matter what nickname I used) I was either called a "Noob", "lamer" or "cheater". And when people start using excuses like that and than they start leaving the servers, it just pushes you off to play more.
That would also be the reason why I don't play DM at the moment - probably I am waiting for a time where we can actually play without people whining about everything.

Your resoning is excellent -- it's only your basic asumptions that are wrong.

Message edited by Turalyon - Sunday, 2010-01-17, 3:02 PM

NikitsonDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 3:27 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
Group: Member
yep. tura making truth wink
i play dm...hm..since release...but for sure i can call my really start date its end of july 2007.
my first class was Lighting mage. i loved to play undead on Nar heresh. and staying on the balcony (at first point) and kill all humans who trying to move the bridge lol
so that time it were Europen official servers Crusade and then CTF.
i remeber that Mana ve maden the map. named Mana's tower or CTF_2
little by little crusade was dying and all ppl playin ctf.

then European official servers closed...and calm time has come.

Message edited by Nikitson - Sunday, 2010-01-17, 3:28 PM

TuralyonDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 3:56 PM | Message # 9
Major
Haha, true Niki ... I used to do the same with mage on Nar Heresh, just I was fire mage at the time smile

Your resoning is excellent -- it's only your basic asumptions that are wrong.

ZorockDate: Wednesday, 2010-01-20, 9:42 AM | Message # 10
Major general
Group: Moderators
My story starts a little later than everyone else's I think tongue

It all began just before Christmas 2007. Fuzz finally convinced me to buy Dark Messiah, so I put it on my list for Christmas. I got the game and started playing, I didn't like multiplayer in beginning so I played singleplayer instead. I beat the game a few times on each difficulty (there were only 2 before the patch) and then started playing multiplayer during the summervacation of 2008. Fuzz trained me hard in the colosseum and my skills rose quickly smile I started to become a nice archer and a decent warrior. I still sucked at the other 3 classes, though I also liked mage a lot. So finally fuzz asked me why I didn't join a clan. I said that I properly wasn't good enough, but he told me to seek into KoD since they needed players, and because they were probably the 2nd best clan in the game atm. So I put in my application on the 6th of November 2008. (had to look for the date tongue ) And was allowed using the {KoD} tag right after christmas 2008. I then played regularly and got to know a lot of new people and met many friends. In the beginning I dont recon anybody calling other people for noobs / slashers / spammers etc. Only the after 2009 it became a serious issue and autumn 2009 I practically stopped playing. At least I was taking a break. I am now playing a bit again, telling people to behave nicely and don't complain about features in the game. dry

Those who underestimates themselves shall stay in misery where they belong.

Steam ID: dragon_of_doom

DonSpeedyDate: Wednesday, 2010-01-20, 8:16 PM | Message # 11
Major
anyone interested listening to my story? well, the thing is: there is none cry because it's actually the same like the one of mally. wink
Before getting an internet access in november 2008 i only had played the multiplayer of dark messiah rarely at pandas place, but after some hard weeks of fear i was proud to be able to play dark messiah (without hiding for my father) on our computer at home happy , that was in january 2009. Little time later me (and later on riley too) founded tsh (with a little support from mally biggrin ) and the rest is history ...
And now i am here, posting my story into the kod forum, proudly looking back to one year of fun and finding new friends happy *hugall* (even tiny wink )

WilkovDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 1:02 PM | Message # 12
Private
Group: Volunteer
very long and interesing histories smile
My history is short
28.12.2008 I ride with my parents to supermarket,I buy oranges... and I see box with DM and I go check price-20 zł(5 euro)game was cheap and I buy game.
After 3 months playing(most often in DMTavern,I very like crusade)I join for [-CA-]
After month GodFather,Flash,Alingarhs and other assholes from [-CA-] create new clan iR|.
iR was suck and i leave from clan.Later I met players from KoD and EYE (Nikitson,Mr Tiny,Ateist,Hell,Orc...)and I try join for EYE but they dont accept me :D.Few months later I join for KoD smile
Now Im super uber pro elo elo archer happy

Four touch downs in one game

HellDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 8:31 PM | Message # 13
Colonel
Well, my story begins from the 5th of May 2007, when I registered in steam and installed DMoMM which I had bought a few hours before. Unlike many players, I started from Multiplayer, coz I was tired of Singleplayer-games that time and I wanted to try smth, where I can compete real players, not AI.
My 1st class was pyro-mage and I learnt playing it pretty well, I used many tactics which worked that time:orbs with 105 dmg (3 ofc :D), full mana and regen+spam (as almost all servs were default that time, it could shoot spam without waiting for mana regeneration for a long time), ofc enjoyed lorbs :D. Ofc, I tried other classes too but they didn't impress me much. After some time my internet broke down and I was not able to play dm for 6(!) months. When I returned I tried archer and amazingly found it pretty nice, although difficult, since then, I played archer almost all the time and raised my skills. After a little practice I desided to join EYE-Russian branch coz I saw many nice ppl and good players there. Also it was the 1st clan I saw in dm (it was already dying that time). At 1st I even didnt know that it was 1 of the best clans in dm, I just wanted to find some friends and mates there. I had a duel with BloodRaven, but my archer still wasn't very good in duels, coz I played on ctf all the time. So I told him that he should try me on ctf, coz I am much better there. BloodRaven agreed and then he saw me playing on Vradek's Crossing and having a pretty good score. He desided to accept me, after having played a bit with me. This is how I joined EYE. After a few months or even half a year I saw a melee priest, pwning a serv and I decided to try it too. I liked priesting but never thought it can be an offence-class. So I started using hated by all of you full heal+stoneskin+brambles and staff. As I had already developed my archer to a very decent level, I knew how to evade enemy's attacks in many cases so it was easier for me to learn priesting after having played archer. This time EYE had pretty bad times, we lost ppl, had no cws, trainings, after some time Russian branch collapsed and Tura with Borbel decided to disband EYE Rus Branch and I moved to the International one. I would also say that I have always been closer to Int. Branch that to Rus. Branch, may be coz very few ppl played from Rus. branch, while many from Int. one. Now I suppose that I am one of the most active EYE members, (may be not, just I guess so :p) and I think I learnt much from EYE members just fightning them on colo or ctf, and ofc thx to KoD and TSH guys, without such strong opponents I would never have my archer and priest ^^ TY very much ^^

I am your road to HELL xD

Forum » Members Area » Chat » history lesson
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright TheD.Clan© 2024