Sunday, 2024-05-12, 6:59 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[TheD]The Descendants
Main | Paradoxes :D - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: h@†3, MrTiny  
Forum » Members Area » Chat » Paradoxes :D (If you think of a paradox then post it !!!!)
Paradoxes :D
TuralyonDate: Friday, 2009-08-14, 12:09 PM | Message # 16
Major
Group: Clan Friends
Quote (Animal)
oh ,and about time... well, after Einstein's theory of relativity it is possible theoretically, at least into the future, not into the past.

You should read little more smile
You're telling me the facts that were sought to be true in years of 1980's.
If you're interested, I can get you in on an official forum about technology and stuff ... but you have to pay 10 euroes to get in and you have to look up the forums at least once a week.

Your resoning is excellent -- it's only your basic asumptions that are wrong.

Message edited by Turalyon - Friday, 2009-08-14, 12:09 PM

AnimalDate: Saturday, 2009-08-15, 0:20 AM | Message # 17
Sergeant
Oh, i'm no expert , i only know the little bit i read in my free time (we didnt deal with it in school), and yes, i nearly only know Einstein's theorys ( i admire this guy). Your offer sounds interesting, but i dont think that i have enough background knowledge to be able to follow these discussions.

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2009-08-15, 10:01 AM | Message # 18
Major
Yeah, they talk about Einsteitn there a lot, since his platform of knowledge was a good starter for the rest.
Ah, and here comes another paradox:
Everything is relative, except for Einstein's theory about relativism. tongue

Message edited by Turalyon - Saturday, 2009-08-15, 10:02 AM

ZorockDate: Saturday, 2009-08-15, 10:17 AM | Message # 19
Major general
Group: Moderators
Quote (Turalyon)
-I don't know what a paradox is

I dont see the paradox in this one. If it is true then he really doesn't know what a paradox is. And if he lies then he knows what it is... Imo it's not a paradox..

Quote (Turalyon)
-What happens if an unstoppable bullet hits the unmovable pillar?

Well.. I asked orc the same thing =) He had a good idea. The bullet just slides off.
My idea was (We must assume that the material in both the bullet and immovable pillar is the same) that the 2 materials compromise. So the bullet stops and the pillar moves (same as bend or gets destroyed) Or else they might absorb each other and simply vanish.

Quote (Turalyon)
Everything is relative

Everything is not relative. Infinity is not, and a point on a material is not. Both in size =) since infinity is bigger than everything else It can't be relative. and since there is nothing smaller than a point on a material (assuming that you zoom in. pick a point. zoom in on that point and continue likewise, then you'll never stop)

I like the one with God though, Even though I dont believe in him tongue Oh and one more thing.. If we assume that god must be materialized a place in order to lift something, then in space where there is no gravity, no rock will be big enough for him not to lift

Those who underestimates themselves shall stay in misery where they belong.

Steam ID: dragon_of_doom

Message edited by Ateist - Saturday, 2009-08-15, 10:20 AM

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2009-08-15, 1:35 PM | Message # 20
Major
Quote (Ateist)
I dont see the paradox in this one. If it is true then he really doesn't know what a paradox is. And if he lies then he knows what it is... Imo it's not a paradox..

Paradoxes aren't always about true/false answers. Think about it a bit closely.
Quote (Ateist)
Well.. I asked orc the same thing =) He had a good idea. The bullet just slides off.
My idea was (We must assume that the material in both the bullet and immovable pillar is the same) that the 2 materials compromise. So the bullet stops and the pillar moves (same as bend or gets destroyed) Or else they might absorb each other and simply vanish.

How can a bullet just slide off when it was flying directly into the pillar ...
And the question isn't about any sort of materials.
The only answer to this question is "If one exist, the other cannot"
Quote (Ateist)
Everything is not relative. Infinity is not, and a point on a material is not. Both in size =) since infinity is bigger than everything else It can't be relative. and since there is nothing smaller than a point on a material (assuming that you zoom in. pick a point. zoom in on that point and continue likewise, then you'll never stop)

Like I said before, think of what you read ... when it's said "Everything is relative, except for Einstein's theory about relativism", if you know the terms well enough, you'd realize that it states "Everything is absolute"

I know what I write down, and I have strong facts behind it, try to read more carefully next time.

Quote (Ateist)
I like the one with God though, Even though I dont believe in him Oh and one more thing.. If we assume that god must be materialized a place in order to lift something, then in space where there is no gravity, no rock will be big enough for him not to lift

And the point here was not that he's materialized nor that he could lift something in outer space ... but the fact if someone is allmighty, he can do everything ... yet the simple question was, if this allmighty being can make a very huge rock that he cannot lift ... and the answer to that, is either yes or no ... saying yes, would mean he cannot lift the rock, which means he's not allmighty ... and if the answer is no, he's not allmighty because he cannot create such a rock.
Where any other answer (like "he's allmighty, he doesn't have to do it") would sort of result in "avoiding the real question".

Message edited by Turalyon - Saturday, 2009-08-15, 1:37 PM

AnimalDate: Saturday, 2009-08-15, 1:40 PM | Message # 21
Sergeant
infinity and "a point on a material" are just imaginary, not really existing.

Quote (Turalyon)
Everything is relative, except for Einstein's theory about relativism.

heh, some kind of double paradox:
1. it seems that the theory is relative now, when i look at your post above:

Quote (Turalyon)

2. the senctence itself

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2009-08-15, 5:30 PM | Message # 22
Major
Quote (Turalyon)
I don't know what a paradox is

Quote (Ateist)

Quote (Turalyon)
Paradoxes aren't always about true/false answers. Think about it a bit closely.

Uf, seems I have mistyped myself there ... and I thought I wrote it down correctly, but you read it wrong ^^' sorry
I wanted to say "This sentense is a paradox"
Why did I say you didn't think of it close enough, it's because this same sentense is a bit hard to understand smile

Added (2009-08-15, 5:30 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (Turalyon)
Everything is relative, except for Einstein's theory about relativism.

heh, some kind of double paradox:
1. it seems that the theory is relative now, when i look at your post above:
Quote (Turalyon)

2. the senctence itself

One this is called an assumption and the other one is called a fact, don't mix them. When you said about time travel, I meant that that was a known assumption in years of 1980. While the sentense I used, "everything is relative except for Einstein's theory about relativism" isn't actually made by him, but it's a known paradox made by phylosophists.

Forum » Members Area » Chat » Paradoxes :D (If you think of a paradox then post it !!!!)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright TheD.Clan© 2024