[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: h@†3, MrTiny  
Forum » Dark Messiah of Might and Magic » Clanwars » Last survivor
Last survivor
TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2009-08-01, 2:58 PM | Message # 46
Major
Group: Clan Friends
Quote (Turalyon)
for example, you try to kill someone, you're doing a good job, than a fireball flies directly at you and your target, both dead, 2 points for the mage across the map..

Quote (Nikitson)
ive got confused..make no sense (at all)
i try to make you all understand that DM is a game including slash bombs leap charge etc. and all settings which we still have.
If some1 can to create maps, change settings ^^ it is not necessary to do "your own balance" because you so consider..
Create the MODS, new classes etc..Do not destroy DM try to help to survive and improve it!

I'm gonna explain what you didn't understand first, than tell you my counter on your post.
-Let's say you play as assassin, and if you remember how I play, I never stay beside you because you'll bomb me (try to think how many times you tried to bomb me when I was warrior (1vs1 that is) - as I can recall it was about two times from all the tries. Now, I dodge your bombs, you try to attack me with stances or try more bombs .. we focus on each other ... if this was ctf, your team would leave us attack each other, knowing that the better one will win ... as for Last survivor, there are no "teams", therefore, we'll try to focus on each other, than *boom* mage will shoot a fireball directly in both of us, killing us both (since we had low hp from attacking each other), and *cheers* you just gave 2 kills to the mage. And that's if there's only one mage ingame and that there aren't more people around you.
-Now to talk about your "map settings changing" ... DM was made for Crusade, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag ... if we were to play Last survivor, all the balance in already made mods don't qualify anymore, therefore the settings have already been altered by that action. And by reducing damage output of mages, the duration of stoneskin or increasing the cost of it, would rebalance the state of replension.

All I want to say is, if we were to play Last Survivor, the settings must be altered, and I think most of people agree on that.
If you want no settings changed, go play Deathmatch imo, and count everybody's deaths ... (oh yeah, you won't find any deathmatch server up, because it's not balanced *cough*, gl with that)

Quote (Nikitson)
hell look.
1.if you are will be my purpose(i dont care for other players..only you) i kill you anyway. even without suiciding.

So, if you already have the triggered bomb, that means you have a level 4 already .. therefore the priest should have at least level 3 ... since the state of no bhoping is in play, gl running away from the Priest with Brambles active ... and I think if you do manage to get away from her, she'll just corrupt your ass out.

Added (2009-08-01, 2:58 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
"message text was too long"

Quote (Ateist)
Well Hell.. I agree with nikitson on the fact that it is indeed very hard to survive a mage with full dmg.. If he throws a fireorb and hit you perfectly with a fireball so that they explode at the same time, then it is pretty hard to survive

So we're talking about a skilled mage that hits you with both at the same time ... so let's say the priest is also good (if this was a last survivor, I'd say the priest would be good at playing it's own class) ... first of all, you would have hard time not suiciding yourself, running away from brambles, and if you haven't heard, priest doesn't have to be very close to you to kill you, all it takes is two fast fingers.
Dodge the fire orb, run directly into the mage, let him shoot the fireball, and let him injure himself, you can always heal ... and if you haven't noticed the bug in DM that Brambles counter the fire orbs, try throwing the brambles at the same time as he does fire orb and see what happens (I know it's not a big chance to do it, but there is a low chance by getting hit by forb and fireball directly at the same time aswell) ... besides, when you see you have fire orb stuck on you, who's dumb enough to just wait for the fireball to come?
Odds are pretty much on Priest's side ... and that's if you're counting there is no assassin behind mage's back just waiting to kill him when he focuses the priest.

And for your "balanced classes here" ... tell me what advantage does Archer have?

Well, the suggestion has been made by Jil already ... and I think it will take part on EYE server, unless you have a better idea ... settings as he recommanded are nice, if you don't like them, there is no contract restraining you to not come.

Your resoning is excellent -- it's only your basic asumptions that are wrong.

HellDate: Saturday, 2009-08-01, 4:16 PM | Message # 47
Colonel
hehe, Tura, as far as the archer is concerned, he has many chances vs warriors, sins and other archers ^^ pretty nice chances I'd say tongue

I am your road to HELL xD

Message edited by Hell - Saturday, 2009-08-01, 4:16 PM

NikitsonDate: Saturday, 2009-08-01, 7:29 PM | Message # 48
Colonel
Group: Member
Quote (Turalyon)
So, if you already have the triggered bomb, that means you have a level 4 already .. therefore the priest should have at least level 3 ... since the state of no bhoping is in play, gl running away from the Priest with Brambles active ... and I think if you do manage to get away from her, she'll just corrupt your ass out.

That wHat's im talking about!
Impossible makes the game process more imterest!
Let the priest corrupt me. i agreed! its her choice.
therefore my Job is to found the means of killing she..sure it will be not so easy. Easy - As all of you love.
but not me..
no offence meant - so i guess you should to play on Rb servers where always you can meet only noobs :)(hate that word lol)

Easy targets not my choice sorry.

And Turalyon..
am I forbid you to play as you want?
I have simply passed an imho on the occasion of servers like RB, and by the way if to me does not change memory, and on your server MAge is fixed.. therefore Fire bolt takes not all hp.

Quote (Turalyon)
Let's say you play as assassin, and if you remember how I play, I never stay beside you because you'll bomb me (try to think how many times you tried to bomb me when I was warrior (1vs1 that is)

You never know beforehand where you are waited by my bombs)
and btw i have never played serious..maybe expect on cw..
honestly its hard to think..I can't think of the nickname which i have killed..any situations..coz my fingers play with out me biggrin

but i really remeber There are only three persons who not always manage to be misled my actions..but i dont care biggrin

Advise: relax and Have Fan it helps you in as in real life as in dm wink

Message edited by Nikitson - Saturday, 2009-08-01, 7:38 PM

ZorockDate: Saturday, 2009-08-01, 7:42 PM | Message # 49
Major general
Group: Moderators
I agree with Hell again. Archer is hard to play, but once you learn to predict your opponent you'll see an incoming warrior less threatening (If keeping jumping backwards is allowed) and also archer doesn't NEED mana in order to play well.. in fact I think that anything else than flare and normal arrows is unfair... I dont think it is fair to be blinded by stuff.. including the priests "blind" even though it is not so hard to see through. Also if 2 warriors (if in deathmatch) are fighting an archer can just shoot and hope to kill 1 which happens quite often tongue

infact the only thing that is hard for archers to beat is the lightning mage.. because it has instant shooting.. even a good firemage can be tricked, so can warriors and assassins or you can just hide from them. Though the lightning mage you will have to meet face to face dry
When an archer is vs a priest, the best he can do is probably go close and hit him/her alot with normal arrows so that the priest will use all of his/her mana. It can be hard vs a good priest, but still archers have less chance at far distances since the corruption is insane/lame tongue

Those who underestimates themselves shall stay in misery where they belong.

Steam ID: dragon_of_doom

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2009-08-01, 7:49 PM | Message # 50
Major
Quote (Nikitson)
You never know beforehand where you are waited by my bombs)
and btw i have never played serious..maybe expect on cw..

I mean the bombs you throw, not plant.
Quote (Nikitson)
am I forbid you to play as you want?

I don't forbid anyone to play as they want, but if it comes to 10 people wanting something and one person doing something they don't ilke, what am I to do ... about 90% of people complained about fire orb dealing instant death damage, and I changed it for that reason. I never look stuff in my best interest, but if you think of it that way, that's your problem.

And I have come to my decision ... in 10 days of time I will annouce the date, time and everything about this Last Survivor thing.
We'll play one whole round of Last Survivor on no settings changed, because you want it that way.
After it, about 3-5 days we'll make a settings changed Last survivor, where you won't take part I guess.

Your resoning is excellent -- it's only your basic asumptions that are wrong.

HellDate: Saturday, 2009-08-01, 8:02 PM | Message # 51
Colonel
Tura, wait for me to come back, I wanna take part too xD tongue

NikitsonDate: Saturday, 2009-08-01, 8:04 PM | Message # 52
Colonel
Group: Member
GL smile

HellDate: Saturday, 2009-08-01, 8:13 PM | Message # 53
Colonel
Well, anyway, I think that we should try this event with both default and changed settings to find out which one is better.

If to sum up everything, we haven't had any serious events lately, so it would be nice to organise 1 smile

JilakoDate: Saturday, 2009-08-08, 4:54 PM | Message # 54
Lieutenant
hym.. long time i haven't seen this subject :s
Well, about stone skin priest, you just forgot a thing about killing priest stone skin with bombs (i don't speak about forbs cause it means lvl 8 to have a chance to kill a priest with it.. (full fire focus + mana regens on full...) if you're lvl 4 and use bombs to try to kill priest stone skin , that means, no stamina points -> good luck to cross brambles without stamina bonus and to survive cause i dunno if bhop would be enable cause of the fact that bhop isn't... normal. And playing to "would will suicide the most" isn't the purpose of last survivor ..
About mage with settings on default -> if he's lvl 3, you can consider that he'll be almost unstoppable.. (and i don't think it'll be hard for him, he just have to find 2 people fighting and he focus on one of them)
And about assa, if he bombs, imo, the other melee class will just run away from him, letting range classes attacking him (it's what i would do if i see a bomber )
Warriors: the point about the leap was cause some players .. *point turalyon* *cough* *cough* are a few dangerous with it.. And charge is unstoppable for a melee class (or really hard) and you might be mad to try to charge a range class (except priest maybe..)
But anyway, the last word belongs to Turalyon if we do it on EYE servers

What am I , Who am I except a ghost from old times?

Forum » Dark Messiah of Might and Magic » Clanwars » Last survivor
Search:

Copyright TheD.Clan© 2024