[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: h@†3, MrTiny  
Forum » Members Area » Chat » PC can't get internet
PC can't get internet
ZorockDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 11:20 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Moderators
Hey guys. I need some help. As Turalyon and Kamizi knows, I wasn't able to play DM for the same reasons as Kamizi. It would launch from steam then close after about 5 seconds. I did everything Tur asked Kamizi to do, and nothing worked. So I decided to format my pc. Then I thought that I might as well upgrade from win 7 home premium to win 7 ultimate at the same time. So I did.
The outcome was different than I expected though... The installation went fine, it formatted and installed Win 7 ultimate as planned. However when I finally reached my desktop I noticed I didn't have any internet. (We have wireless wifi) so I tried pressing the function key (Fn) and f2 (the key for activating wireless on my pc) and it didn't work D: I tried again, still in vain. So I found a LAN cable and stuck it in both my pc and directly into the router and still I couldn't get internet (I'm writing on my parents' pc atm, and as you can see, the same internet works fine) So I went online on my parents pc and tried to google my problem but every time I found any solution it tells me to go to device manager, find Network Adapter, and select Enable on that. However... When I try finding Network Adapter on my pc, its not there o.o

So I was wondering. Does it mean that my pc all of a sudden no longer have a wireless internet card thingy? (Not sure of the english name)
Or could it be that my pc simply doesn't have the drivers that is required to go on the internet? (Which would be weird, caus why make a pc that can't go on the internet to update drivers????)

HELP PLS! I really want my pc back soon, without speaking to all sort of insurance people and technicians.

PS: If you need more information pls write it in here =)

Those who underestimates themselves shall stay in misery where they belong.

Steam ID: dragon_of_doom

Message edited by Zorock - Thursday, 2011-06-30, 11:22 AM

AlnitakDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 1:55 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Member
Quote (Zorock)
Then I thought that I might as well upgrade from win 7 home premium to win 7 ultimate at the same time. So I did.

Do you have got a laptop? if yes it must have also a disc to install the windows with all the drivers of that special laptop.
I'm asking because once when I tried to install a different windows which wasn't included on the "laptop cd windows installer" . I had to install every driver separately because they only came included by default with the "laptop cd windows installer" or how it's called

You can run but you can´t hide!

ZorockDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 8:05 PM | Message # 3
Major general
hmm.. Yes I do have a laptop, but I think I found out something. First off, I didn't get a CD with my purchase of the comp.. The reason for that was apparently because all the files were placed on a second HDD in my PC. However, when I took it to the technician today, my pc didn't have that second HDD and therefore I couldn't restore my pc. Now my pc is being repaired by him. He doesn't know if it will fix the internet problem I'm having, but even if it doesn't he will find out the reason, and if he can't I guess the company will give me a new comp, which wouldn't be too bad :P the sad part is that it might take up to 3 weeks (hopefully that wont happen o.o)

Message edited by Zorock - Thursday, 2011-06-30, 8:05 PM

TuralyonDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 8:17 PM | Message # 4
Major
Group: Clan Friends
Usually new OS installations need a driver install for the wireless card. Try finding a driver on your parent's PC, put it on USB and install it on your laptop (that is, if you don't have the CD that should've came along with it.

Your resoning is excellent -- it's only your basic asumptions that are wrong.

ZorockDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 9:05 PM | Message # 5
Major general
I already tried that, but the problem is that I don't know which driver to get. Anyways... the technicians got it now. So I will have to wait for him to find the problem and hopefully fix my pc or give me a new one =)

The main problem was possibly that they didn't give me a CD with the OS and drivers on it...

Forum » Members Area » Chat » PC can't get internet
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright TheD.Clan© 2024