Sunday, 2024-05-12, 11:42 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[TheD]The Descendants
Main | HELP!! ='( - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: h@†3, MrTiny  
Forum » Members Area » Chat » HELP!! ='( (Problems with DM... these are serious!)
HELP!! ='(
ZorockDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-15, 2:07 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Moderators
Hey guys ='( recently I tried to play dm after a little pause. It turned out that it didn't work, except startup. Movies are shown as normal, but then when I load the main screen (where you can select "find server" "options" and so on... I got problems...

These are my screenshots of the problem (These are taken during the same period.. I only minimized the game and then maximized it again)

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/7721/snapshot0000yp.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/1294/snapshot0001az.jpg (the reason for black across text is console which is totally black)
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/8910/snapshot0002g.jpg

This happens on every single startup =( sometimes is just pitch black..

I run with Windows 7 Darker Edition, and I dont run the game in compatibility to anything, since its not recommended. (I've tried all)

If any1 can help then pls do ='(

Those who underestimates themselves shall stay in misery where they belong.

Steam ID: dragon_of_doom

NikitsonDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-15, 11:51 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Member
first of all put English Language of Steam. coz on other languages it may happens some shits.

hm.. i have windows 7 maximal. and dm works even without compatibility.

advice: download the latest drivers for your vid card.
if that is not gonna helps -> go to the shop and buy the video card(like nvidia..9 series)
i have the same problem(with colors(like pink letters) at greetings of windows7 . then it was auto reboot..and then circle over and over) my vid card were 8500 gt. and on of windows site i read that my card is ok for windows 7 but This is Lie ^^ sure my card maybe got broken.. but this is unbieveble, coz on XP there were ok.
so i bought 9600 and now everything is ok wink

ZorockDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 12:19 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Ok thx dry I will look for a new card then smile I'll get one with 1GB instead of 512MB then happy I run with GeForce 8600GT btw

NikitsonDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 3:20 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
8600?
well i give you 96% that problem with compatibility video card and Windows 7.
8 seria cards i guess is too old for Windows 7. at least at nowadays.. coz then i think it will be patch or smth else.
although no one says that 8 series is not compatibility..idk. but my friend had 8600 and also has problems with Windows 7, i had 8500 - the same...so i dont think that it were just coincidence wink

i bought 9600 with 512. -> im happy. all is ok happy

AlnitakDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 8:06 PM | Message # 5
Major general
I have 8800gts and I haven't any problems with win7 (64 bits) by the moment, you can try to install the latest drivers for win7 in the official nvidia page. Agree with Niki, the serie 8 is getting older so quick and win7 is very new.

You can run but you can´t hide!

NikitsonDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 8:38 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
anyway buying new video card never will be useless xD

Message edited by Nikitson - Wednesday, 2009-12-16, 8:41 PM

ZorockDate: Thursday, 2009-12-17, 8:22 AM | Message # 7
Major general
Well alnitak.. downloading the lastest driver at Nvidia's homepage isn't going to help because their drivers are not made for laptops -.- so I use this webpage instead : http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ which re-modifies drivers so that they work with laptops ^^ anyways.. I will think of buying the new graphics card ^^ It seems promising and my pc could use a little upgrade anyways tongue (I'll see if any newer driver will work first though ^^ ) thx for your help guys biggrin its really appreciated happy

Forum » Members Area » Chat » HELP!! ='( (Problems with DM... these are serious!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright TheD.Clan© 2024